Keto for vegetarians can become a little boring. Tweaking and changing traditional Indian recipes to make them Keto optimized will help you follow the diet and also help you discover new ways of following the ketogenic diet in an enjoyable way.
This Paneer Kadai is a very easy to cook vegetarian Indian Keto meal. Soft pieces of cottage cheese(Paneer) are cooked in an aromatic tomato gravy seasoned with an Indian spice mix called the Kadai Masala.
On the ketogenic diet, this can be eaten with either a cheese almond Keto roti or cauliflower rice.
- 2 chopped Large red tomato
- 2 chopped red onion
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter/ ghee
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic paste
- 2 green chilies paste (You can use less if you don’t like spicy food)
- 2 cups diced Capsicum
- 1 cup baby onion cubed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Handful of fresh chopped coriander
- erythritol as per taste
Cheese Garlic Roti
- Almonds 20 gms
- Cheese 20 gms
- Green Chillies as per chef
- Garlic as per chef
- Destem and Deseed the Dry Red Chillies.
- Dry roast in a kadai on a low flame till aromatic.
- Allow the dry roast to cool completely.
- Grind both to a slightly coarse powder.
- Soak, boil and grind the cashew nuts to a fine paste.
- Destem and deseed the capsicum. Cut into Dices.
- Heat the oil. Add cumin seeds.
- When they sputter, add the onion. Saute till golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Saute till cooked.
- Add the Kadai masala, turmeric powder, and chopped green chili.
- Saute till aromatic.
- Add the tomato and cook till the tomatoes are cooked and the mixture begins to release oil.
- Add the cashew paste and continue to saute till the mixture begins to release oil.
- Stir in the garam masala powder and crushed kasoori methi.
- Adjust consistency with water and seasoning with salt, pepper, erythritol(keto alternative for sugar).
- Stir in the chopped coriander leaves and bring to a simmer. Remove from the flame.
Cut the paneer into dices.
Blanch the paneer in boiling salted turmeric water.
Cheese Garlic Roti
Grind the almonds Grate the cheese Mix the above Add chopped garlic & coriander leaves Season with salt and pepper. Divide the dough by the total number of portions shape into Rotis. Place on a butter paper-lined trays.
Bake it in the oven.
Heat mustard oil to the pan.
Add diced capsicum with salt and pepper and stirfry.
Add the curry to the pan. Bring the curry to a simmer. Add paneer and cream. Heat thoroughly.
Adjust seasoning to taste. Remove from the flame. Allow it to cool.
This Keto Paneer Kadai makes for a very simple and tasty dish. It is easy to make and always satisfies your taste buds. Or Let Food Darzee help you follow the diet.