As in this current situation we all are working from home because of the corona Scare and the lockdown it becomes furthermore important for us that we keep ourselves healthy and choose onto healthy snacking options and make a slight change to our daily routine so that we stay healthy at the same time enjoy the perks of doing work from home.
And it generally happens that when we are ideal we tend to choose snacking and choosing a correct snack option is very important so suggesting a few snack options that we can go for
Berries with Yoghurt:
You can just chop some strawberries or any berry add it in yogurt and have the fruit yogurt as the evening snack if you can have Greek yogurt that’s more preferable berries are loaded with antioxidants, Fibre and vit C which will help you boost your immunity at this crucial time plus Greek yogurt will add onto the benefits by adding taste as well the nutritional content of the snack by making it rich in protein, calcium, B12, and probiotics.
Nuts are also a very good and healthy option which you can snack in limited amounts preferably almonds and walnuts as they are good in omega 3 fatty acids, Vit E, Fibre, and many other minerals they are also proven to have benefits for your heart health and also aid in weight loss.
Roasted Chickpeas is a really good option for a snack as it is rich in protein, fiber, and vitamins and minerals. It also has amino acids that are important for the body and this is also a low-calorie snack.
Popcorn is also a great option for snacking as it is whole grain, rich in fiber, and also protein. You can also add the flavour of your choices like butter or Piri Piri masala and enjoy it. It’s a good option for munching as it is high in fiber it keeps you full for a longer time and you will not be tempted to have sweets or fatty foods
Hummus with Vegetable sticks:
This is a great snack which is again high in protein and fiber as the hummus has chickpeas and tahini which is high in protein and the vegetable will add onto the fiber to the snack making it a perfect snack which will keep you full and also protein and fiber will maintain the blood sugar levels.
Dark Chocolate with more than 85-90% cocoa is a perfect snack option to lift up your mood and take care of your sweet cravings. Have it in limited amounts to get the benefits of antioxidants, iron, magnesium, and many other minerals which will help in lowering your blood pressure.
Home workout Tips:
As our lifestyle has become very sedentary because we are just confined to our house we are not traveling to work, neither can we go for a walk or a swim we should try doing some physical activity at home; For example:
- Try doing 15-20 mins in your hall or walk-in space in your house for 15 – 20 mins or more if you can.
- Don’t sit at the same place for longer durations get up after every 10-15 mins and take a walk or do some stretching.
- Do some sets of basic lunges, squats, push-ups, jumping jacks and many other exercises which can be done at home without any equipments.
- Try keeping a step count while walking in-home and set a daily target of steps and try to achieve it.
- Daily Try doing some yoga exercises or meditation as it will helpful for your mental well being.
- At least try to work out for 15-20 mins
- Avoid sitting idle for long periods
- No equipment needed Bodyweight exercises can do wonders
- Count the steps
- Try yoga or meditation for mental well being